UPDATE: Since I posted this afternoon, a few people have mentioned that this recipe is well known and does the rounds on email on a regular basis. When I was given it as part of a flyer for our local school's cake stall, it was the first time I'd heard of it which is why I thought it was worth sharing, so I apologise if you've seen it before.
So, like me, if you missed it the first 50 times around.... Chocolate Mug Cake!
My thanks to the mystery donor of this recipe at Orange Grove Public School, from the bottom of my thighs...
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
1. Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly with a fork.
2. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix again.
3. Put the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). NB The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
4. Allow to cool a little, tip onto a place if desired.
5. Enjoy! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night.